- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving platter. Cut into wedges or spoon onto dessert plates; spoon sauce over each serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Caramel Flan
Sort By :
"Esta sabroso! However, I use six eggs without the cream cheese, and also mix all in a blender.Try banana, orange, rum, or what ever extract sounds good. Also, let the flan stand for ten minutes, run a knife around the edge and invert onto a plate with a lip. You will then have the sauce mentioned."
"Yes Ladies, The sugar makes a sauce that you'll be able to spoon over the flan..it's delicious!"
"Pour WHAT sauce over each serving?"
"Instead of melted sugar, I use Leche Quemada (Cajeta). And instead of 5 eggs I use only 4. I also put all ingredients in blender...way easier!"
"Spoon WHAT sauce over each serving? Will there be enough caramelized sugar to do this with?"