“Deciding to make a real homemade dessert one night, I mixed up this pudding. It’s from my favorite cookbook with a few added tweaks—and much better than store-bought!” EMR -Taste of Home Online Community
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Butterscotch Pudding in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p45
Reviews for Creamy Butterscotch Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review