Butterscotch Pudding Torte
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- Set aside 1 cup cookie crumbs for topping. In a small bowl, combine remaining cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 413 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 21, 2019
I LOVE this recipe! I have made it for several years and it turns out great every time. I have also used different flavors of pudding with the same great results.
Dec 5, 2013
One of the prettiest things I've ever made on this site and the easiest by far! Very nice dessert!
Sep 29, 2012
This is a sure-fire kid pleaser!
Aug 20, 2012
This went over really well with my family. I made it with two small boxes of pudding at it was plenty. Another wonderful receipe from Taste of Home that will for sure be made again and again. Really easy and can substitue any kind of pudding.
Nov 3, 2011
A favorite at potlucks! People always ask me for the recipe!
Feb 14, 2011
This was delish! So easy to make. Just one question though. Did you use 2 small boxes of butterscotch pudding? I think the ounces are listed wrong on the recipe. It calls for 2 pkgs. 3.4 ounces each, this can't be right, can it?
Jun 30, 2010
I make this recipe for Father's day and everyone loved it, i dont really care for butterscotch, but, this was the best, i evenmade one for work and it was gone in a flashdiane, naperville, ill
May 19, 2010
This was unbelievably easy to make, and tasted fantastic! I made it for Mother's Day dinner, using fat free cream cheese, fat free Cool Whip, fat free milk, and sugar free pudding mix. It got lots of compliments. I am going to make it again this weekend, only using chocolate cookies and chocolate pudding mix.