- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, spinach, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to soup. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Spinach Cheese Soup
Sort By :
"I usually double this recipe to make sure that my husband and I both get a decent helping of it in our bowls."
"I have made this recipe several times, and I love it as a light meal. Usually I halve the quantity of spinach, and add an additional 1/2 c. of cheese (I use Kraft Triple Cheddar blend) and 1/4 t. garlic powder. It is very quick, easy, and yummy!"
"I've made this three times now, but I substitue the same amount of broccoli for the spinach. This is super-thick, but would taste just as good with half the cheese if you like a looser consistancy."