Give yourself a delicious calcium boost with this creamy, cheesy soup from Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts. "I like to serve with a green salad," Maria notes. "You can also add 2 cups of cubed cooked chicken, if you wish."
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, spinach, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to soup. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p35
Reviews for Cream of Spinach Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review