Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sour cream, sugar, butter and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5-10 minutes or until well blended. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sour cream mixture and eggs. Beat until smooth. Gradually stir in flour to form a soft dough (dough will be very soft). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Divide into fourths. Roll each piece into a 12x8-in. rectangle. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients until well blended. Spread over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cut six X's on top of loaves. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm loaves. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Sort By :
This coffee cake recipe is more work than some...but it's WELL worth every bit of effort! The dough just melts in your mouth! I usually forgo the almonds, and add a little lemon juice to the glaze. Delicious!
One of the best coffee cakes I've ever made! I'll be using this recipe over and over again.
My husband and kids think it's heaven!
I've made this coffee cake today and my family absolutely love it! It is so good that we can't stop eating it. I did a little bit of modification though. I used light sour cream for the dough to cut on calories, fat and cholesterol level. In the cream cheese part I only used 1/2 cup of sugar and no salt. We really liked it this way - just perfect amount of sweetness. It is a keeper!
Such an awesome recipe! Every time I make it people love it and ask for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >