- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cranberry juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg and pie spice; rub over chops. Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup each apple and cranberry juices. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides.
- Add apple, cranberries, salt and remaining juices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 7-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and apple is tender, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry-Apple Pork Chops
Sort By :
My husband and I thought this recipe had good flavor and is healthy too.
I doubled this recipe for my family of four, but we couldn't even finish the meal. The cranberries were so tart my mouth puckered up, and the cinnamon/nutmeg/pie spice rub made the chops taste even more bitter. Not a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >