I love pasta, and my husband loves seafood. I combined them to create this dish, and he raved that it's the best meal ever. —Sonya Polfliet, Anza, California
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, lemon-pepper, pepper and garlic powder. Drain manicotti; stuff with crab mixture. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Manicotti in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p60
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review