Cowboy Corn Bread
This corn bread is richer and sweeter than others I’ve tried, and especially luscious alongside ham and beans.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the eggs, butter and cream; stir into the dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 345 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.