Country Sausage Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Country Sausage Soup(3)
Sort By :
This is an amazingly easy, flavorful soup. I sometimes leave out the rosemary cuz my family isn't crazy for it. You won't even miss it.
This is one of the best soups I have ever tasted! I get requests every week for it and if I don't eat quick there is none left. I usually serve it with french bread.