Corned Beef Potato Dinner Recipe
For St. Patrick's Day, I usually prepare this dish instead of the traditional corned beef dinner. This takes less time because it makes good use of the microwave...and it's very tasty. -Brooke Staley Mary Esther, Florida
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli corned beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Add the onion; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the coleslaw mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute corned beef in oil for 3-4 minutes; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. Add to the potato mixture; toss to combine. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef Potato Dinner in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p41
Reviews for Corned Beef Potato Dinner(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2008
I'm normally not a fan of any corned beef, yet I tried this meal for St. Patty's 2008 and loved it. It was so easy and quick. The only thing I'd change would be to reduce the vinegar from 1/3 to 1/4 cup.