These tasty individual pizzas have the zippy flavor of tacos. When I created this recipe and served these pizzas to my husband and day-care kids, they made them disappear. The recipe produces a big batch of the meat mixture, but leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 months. -Karen Housley-Raatz, Walworth, Wisconsin
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 corn or flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine tomato paste and water until blended; add salsa. Stir into meat mixture. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, olives and seasonings.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Spread each with 1/4 cup meat mixture to within 1/2 in. of edge and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 32 pizzas.
Originally published as Corn Tortilla Pizzas in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review