Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in marinara sauce, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 275 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2018
It is a great idea. I am somewhat of a vegetarian so I modified it some. I used 1/2 cup pinto beans, out of a welldrained 15 oz. can. 3/4 cup of plain tomato sauce with herbs I threw in. I could of used 1/2 sauce. I heated thesauce in my 1100 watt microwave for 30 seconds. I thought of putting the beans in, and heated 10 min more. I am sure it could of been heated more than that. I used Rudie's Spelt tortillas (because I can't have soy).I will play with the recipe a bit more over time. only reason I would put in less sauce is that it was a bit drippy.The recipe is a KEEPER!
Aug 23, 2016
Basic, simple and good. Added black beans for a little nutrition and served with sour cream and salsa.
Jul 11, 2016
Was okay by itself. A bit on the bland side. The second time I made this, I used half ground beef and half Italian sausage, and it was MUCH better.
Jan 5, 2015
We all thought this was really good. Simple but yummy.
Dec 30, 2014
I thought it was ok.
May 24, 2014
Really liked this recipe!
Dec 12, 2013
Hubby said, "Not bad." Used Trader Joe's marinara sauce, a baking dish, heated at 250 degrees for 10 minutes.
Feb 12, 2013
Fast, Easy, and Super Tasty!
Jul 2, 2012
Quick and easy. I added an onion to the meat while cooking. Also, I increased the amount of marinara sauce slightly. Served them with sour cream on the side. Not bad for a quick meal.
Mar 25, 2012
Tortillas get to crunchy in the oven with no sauce over the top and we did not care for the flavor. They needed less cheese and more Italian seasoning.