I always keep this easy dip on hand—it encourages me to eat more fresh veggies. The light cottage cheese adds protein and calcium without the fat. —Melissa Hansen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan-Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the spinach, sour cream, milk, Parmesan-Romano cheese, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cool and Creamy Spinach Dip in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cool and Creamy Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review