Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread over the brownies; chill until firm.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cookie Dough Brownies(39)
Sort By :
Brownies were a bit dry for our taste. I may have over cooked them slightly though. The filling and glaze were delicious. The Five Star Brownie recipe on this site is my all time favorite brownie for texture. I will try these again.
This is the richest brownie I have ever eaten! And that's saying something for me! of course, we do double the filling and glaze. We can't help ourselves!! My children ask for it often!
Great combination. My daughter eats raw cookie dough, so I appreciate the egg-free dough.
The ganache makes it extra special, and I will make a little extra next time.
I also have used crushed peppermint chocolate, instead of the chips.
brownies were dry...will use different brownie recipe next time
Pound-cake like texture to the brownies. The cookie dough layer is less than 1/4" thick. I would increase the dough recipe by at least 50%.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >