- 8 cups cubed peeled cooked potatoes (about 11 medium)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the dip, relish, salt and pepper. Stir into potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Tangy Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Delicious and really simple to prepare. I even hard cooked the eggs in the same pot as the potatoes!"
"My boyfriend went nuts for this salad. he said I could make it as often as I wanted.Nice change from traditional."
"I loved this and for anyone who can't use mayo it is great. I used dill pickles instead of relish A really good french onion dip that makes all the difference, and extra bacon. Yum"
"I was disappointed with this recipe. The salad seems to be missing something. I felt the French onion dip didn't give the salad a lot of flavor. Perhaps adding some mayo or salad dressing would perk up this salad. I'm sorry I have to say this, but this potato salad didn't impress my husband and I."
"Sorry, I meant to also include I used Marie's Roasted French Onion Dip (which had a sort of light brown tint to the coloring). I wasn't able to find the 8 oz. container of dip so I had to eyeball the amount."