- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add beans. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the beans are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Hearty Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious!! The family really enjoyed. I used beef broth instead of water..added garlic powder and a dash of cilantro.... enhanced the flavor."
"Delish?? My husband likes spicy foods, so I added a can of hot Rotel tomatoes. Didn't have green beans, so I added frozen peas and carrots. Definitely will make it again."
"Is is one of my all time favorite recipes. Sometimes I make it as is.. Often I add peas instead of green beans and use Swanson broth."