When my children and I make this scrumptious layered dessert at home, we use a variety of apples to give it a nice combination of flavors. —Michelle Brooks, Clarkston, Michigan
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer half of each of the following: apples, caramels and remaining oat mixture. Repeat layers. Drizzle 1/2 cup cider over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Crisp in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p29
Reviews for Contest-Winning Caramel Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review