- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the apples, half the caramels and 1 cup oat mixture. Repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup cider over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Caramel Apple Crisp
Sort By :
I served this to a group of ladies - they loved it. I found it very good, but a little dry.
Great dessert. Worth the effort of unwrapping all those caramels
Turned out Fantastic!!!
I made this recipe recently for a picnic. I left before the dessert came out but was told it was great!! Cannot wait to make it again and actually try it!
I made this with the caramel bits, more cider, and more cinnamon. Had to bake it 20 minutes longer because of high altitude.Disappointing results -- none of us could taste much of the caramel. I think I'll stick with my apple-cranberry crisp.