- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1-1/4 cups coconut and walnuts.
- Press three-fourths of the dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves. Sprinkle with chips and remaining coconut. Crumble remaining dough over the top; press lightly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Raspberry Bars
"These are soooo yummy. A definite keeper."
"I loved it just as it is. No adjustment was necessary. The cutting into the squares was what I was worried about but that was not difficult as I had thought. The squares were perfect. I got lots of compliments and the plate was soon empty."
"Just made these this past weekend and my family is asking for the recipe. These are a big hit! Love'em !"
"These were Great! I thickened my own raspberries with sugar and cornstarch and omitted the nuts. Turned out delicious!Thanks!"
"I made this for a pot luck supper at work. Everyone raved about it. Its so easy to make. I will definately make them again."