Coconut Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Pie
Sort By :
What a hit this pie was. Yummy, Making it again on the weekend. So glad I came across this recipe.
My husband enjoys coconut so I knew he would enjoy this pie. I had a carton of Heavy Cream and I used it in place of the milk. He rated it 'very good'. May 8th is National Coconut Cream Pie Day.
Thank you for posting the recipe. It turned out great. It was easy to make, using basic inexpensive ingredients.
I have had this recipe in my recipe box since it came out years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. I have made it so many times I can't count. It is my favorite coconut pie, so easy and so old fashioned tasting. A great custard coconut dessert. Great for a special dinner and causal enough for everyday!