- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Pie
"Made it!!! Love it!!! Used heavy cream instead of milk, and made a shortbread pie crust ..... My guests were totally blown away!!! Bless you Mary McGuire!!! It's amazing how something so easy to make can be sooo delicious!!! Have many requests to make it often ..... THANKS !!!"
"This is not like a pudding coconut pie with meringue. It's a lot more dense but absolutely delicious. Bet you can't eat just one slice! Very easy to whip up at the last minute but make sure to use a deep dish crust or a 10" pie pan. This makes a lot. Thank you Mary for sharing your recipe & making me a hero after dinner last night!!"
"Better than my mothers recipe. That says a lot, because hers is delicious."
"I used coconut milk and toasted the coconut and I also did exactly what reviewer delowenstein did. The results were fantastic!! I will definitely make this again. We loved it."
"this recipe is super easy and very good. I used a "pat in the pan" crust (originally called Mazola pie crust) and it worked fine, although a traditional crust would have been better in my opinion. This is a "custard" type pie and a nice change from the pudding type coconut pie recipes."