Watching my mother cook from scratch, I hardly knew that anything was available "pre-made" until I'd left home. One of Mom's best desserts is her creamy old-fashioned coconut pie. A rich slice is true comfort food. —Mary McGuire, Graham, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Pie in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p35
Reviews for Coconut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review