- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Pie
Sort By :
"Better than my mothers recipe. That says a lot, because hers is delicious."
"I used coconut milk and toasted the coconut and I also did exactly what reviewer delowenstein did. The results were fantastic!! I will definitely make this again. We loved it."
"this recipe is super easy and very good. I used a "pat in the pan" crust (originally called Mazola pie crust) and it worked fine, although a traditional crust would have been better in my opinion. This is a "custard" type pie and a nice change from the pudding type coconut pie recipes."
"Followed the recipe as written. Very good indeed! Everyone loved it! I used fat free milk (that's all I had). Definitely will make again!"
"I used this recipe for the first time as I was using coconut for this week's challenge on Cook's Corner with Coconut! I'd used 1-1/2 cups 2% milk since I'd had that on hand! What I'd done was beat the eggs, then add the milk, sugar, vanilla, flour, melted butter which I again beat with a wire whisk attachment. I just stirred IN the flaked sweetened coconut. I used a prepared 9" unbaked pastry shell and I baked 50 minutes on a baking sheet at 350o F. or until a knife inserted near center came out clean. Please note that filling tested clean when a knife was inserted. The filling WAS jiggly, but should set as pie cools! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"