French Coconut Pie
Coconut is one of my favorite baking ingredients so I love this pie for its wonderful sweetness.—Meredith Peek, Memphis, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pie shell. Pour into the pie shell and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake 40 minutes or until top is golden and the center is almost set. When cool, store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 475 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as French Coconut Pie in Country February/March 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.