Coconut macaroons are divine, but they can be a little messy to make. I turned the batter into a pie filling, and the luscious results speak for themselves. —Becky Mollenkamp, St. Louis, Missouri
Featured In: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, melted butter, extract and salt until blended. Stir in flour. Reserve 1/2 cup coconut; stir remaining coconut into egg mixture. Transfer to pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with reserved coconut.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Macaroon Pie in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Coconut Macaroon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review