Coconut Curry Chicken Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- Fresh basil and cilantro leaves
- In a Dutch oven, bring coconut milk to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3 cups. Stir in curry paste until completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Add broth, brown sugar, fish sauce and garlic salt to curry mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain noodles; divide among six large soup bowls. Ladle soup over noodles; top servings with vegetables, basil and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Curry Chicken Soup(3)
Sort By :
If you're looking for something with a powerful flavor punch, this is your dish. You can make it hot or mild but it's a great meal on a cold, rainy night. I will be making this again. Great submission!
This recipe was delicious and relatively easy to prepare. I also added about 1/4 c of peanut sauce when I added the brown sugar, garlic salt, etc. Next time I plan to try a little tofu in it as well. Thank you for a great winter soup to add to my collection.
Not only does it taste fantastic, but it's waist friendly too using bean sprouts instead of noodles. I love it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Carrot Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Soup Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Thai Recipes >