In Stafford, Texas, Joyce Fogleman requests: “Everywhere I take this dip, I’m asked for the recipe. I don’t make it at home because I’m afraid that’s all I’d eat the entire day. I’d love a downsized version I could make at home.”
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool slightly and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Classic Spinach Dip in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p49
Reviews for Classic Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"I've been making this dip for years (same ingredients at least) and absolutely love it (especially on game day). To make it even easier, you can use frozen, chopped, spinach that you've thawed and drained."
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
"Very good dip!I wilted the spinach stove-top, since I prefer not to nuke food.I served the dip with sliced red & yellow bell peppers, cucumbers and baby carrots. It made a beautifully colorful platter."