- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Classic Blueberry Buckle
Sort By :
"This was very good. I added 1 tsp vanilla."
"I just finished making this recipe for the umpteenth time, and It continues to be an all-time family favorite, for sure. It is easy to make, so moist, and delicious. We like to eat it for breakfast with coffee. Today, I made a dozen muffins from the recipe- instead of baking it in a pan- just bake for 18 minutes. I have made this many times to gift to others."
"My husband loves Blueberry Buckle and this is a good recipe."
"This is amazing! So easy, too! My 11 yo daughter and I made it, following the directions exactly, and it came out perfectly and sooooo delicious!!!"
"Love the taste! Very easy to make and such a good dessert! One of the best blueberry recipes I have ever come across."