Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Orange and lemon beautifully complement the raspberry flavor in this dense cake. Add a dusting of confectioners’ sugar for a pretty finishing touch. —Pat Harlow, Cataldo, Idaho
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, orange juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2014
Amazing! The thick citrusy cake with sweetness of the raspberries provides such a well balanced flavor. This may be my new go-to dessert!