Orange and lemon beautifully complement the raspberry flavor in this dense cake. Add a dusting of confectioners’ sugar for a pretty finishing touch. —Pat Harlow, Cataldo, Idaho
Featured In: 12 Ways to Say "Happy Valentine's Day" with Food
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, orange juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2014
"My husband rated this recipe with an enthusiastic "very good"! I plan to make it often using other fruits such as blueberries."