“The only way Mom could get me to eat veggies was to bake this zucchini bread. When I grew up, I lightened her original recipe, so I can still eat it without guilt.” —Kathie Meyer, Round Rock, Texas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in zucchini and raisins.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Cinnamon Zucchini Bread in Country Woman August/September 2008, p32
Reviews for Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review