- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10-12 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Divide in half; gently pat or roll each portion into a 7-in. circle. Brush with butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Scones
Sort By :
"These sound good. Can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?"
"These were incredibly delicious! They taste like cinnamon buns in scone form!"
"I did make these & my husband love them. Try them!"
"Doohood! Just made these for a baking contest at church. They are awesome! I am not what you would call a kitchen virtuoso - or even a kitchen doofus - and yet I made this and they turned out great!"
"I made these last night and they are wonderful. I didn't have any cinnamon chips on hand and used some toffee bits I had left over. I will definitely be making these again, melt in your mouth delicious."