- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with apples. Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the apples. Top with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
Sort By :
I was unimpressed. I doubled everything to accommodate a normal cake mix and a 9x13 pan. It's too much like a cake, rather than a coffee cake. The apples should be tossed with some cinnamon and sugar, rather than just sprinkled on top of them. More nuts would have been better too.
This is my favorite cake . I also add another apple (especially if they're small). Other than that, I follow the recipe exactly. It tastes like an apple cheesecake. Delicious.
Very good coffee cake, even my sister, really liked it, and she is very fussy, also like that it makes a 8" square pan.
My husband and I love this moist little cake, turns out delicious everytime!
I cannot wat to try this. I will use a regular size çake mix and double everything else. Cook it in a 9" x 13" pan.....hope it works!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Coffee Cake >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >