- 21 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 9 cans (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 9 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 9 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 3 pounds onions, finely chopped
- 9 large green peppers, finely chopped
- 7-1/2 cups finely chopped celery with leaves
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 9 bay leaves
- Combine all of the ingredients in three large kettles; cover and cook over medium heat for 2-3 hours. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 100 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Church Supper Chili
Sort By :
"Why are all the 'church' recipes from Wisconsin?"
"I made this recipe last week and really liked it. I did scale it down to serve 4-6. If I made it again, I would omit the pork and beans. I did not have kidney beans so used pinto beans. I also added about half of a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies which I had left over from another recipe but you really couldn't taste them. I think next time I would add a whole can.Those are the only changes I made and we liked it very much. It was great on a chilly, rainy day."
"I haven't made this ye3t but sounds YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!"
"I love this recipe! I plan on making it again and again. What I hate are people who are rude. If you do not like it, just say so and why. You can do this politely, too. This recipe is what I grew up on. Thank you for sharing this."
"This recipe is excellent. Made it for all the guys at work, and a few others and ourselves and everyone loved it. Thanks GrillLove"