- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into four portions. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; cut out centers using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, shortening, maple flavoring and enough milk to achieve piping consistency.
- Place 3/4 cup frosting in a small bowl; tint with red food coloring. Tint remaining frosting green. Using a #13 star tip, pipe green frosting over cookies. With a #2 round tip and red frosting, pipe bows onto wreaths. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Wreath Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p112
Reviews for Christmas Wreath Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2013
"Made these however they were so nice in the oven but once out they sagged. How can I stop that from happening otherwise amazing cookies."