No-Bake Minty Oreo Blossoms
My blossoms take the Oreo truffle just a little further—and fancier. They're dressed up with a candy coating and a kiss of mint. —Connie Krupp, Racine, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 12 ounces)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces chocolate mint candy coating
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 15 striped peppermint kisses
- Red and white nonpareils, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cookie crumbs and cream cheese until blended. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness with bottom of a glass. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Working with one at a time, dip cookies in chocolate coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately press a kiss in center. If desired, immediately sprinkle with nonpareils. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Originally published as No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Blossoms in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.