- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries
- 1 jar (6 ounces) green maraschino cherries
- 3-1/2 cups eggnog, chilled
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dip bananas in juice; drain and discard juice. Set aside pineapple, bananas, three red cherries and three green cherries. In a bowl, whisk the eggnog and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place half of the pudding in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl; layer with half of the bananas, pineapple. cherries, cake cubes and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with walnuts and reserved cherries. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Trifle(2)
Sort By :
This was a hit at Christmas! The only thing I did different and because I forgot I put the Cool Whip on the top and not in the layers. This did not hurt the recipe .
I definitely wouldn't recommend this recipe!!! I never got past making the pudding. The mixture became so thick that it became stuck in my whisk. I changed to using the electric hand mixer and adding more eggnog, but only ended up burning out my mixer. The consistency of the pudding was like bread dough! Not sure if measurements are off in the recipe or not, but I was very displeased since I had planned to take this to a Christmas party the next evening. Now I'm back to square one and having to find a new recipe and most likely make another trip to the grocery for supplies.