Grandma’s English Trifle
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared loaf pound cake or 1 package (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 package (3 to 3-1/2 ounces) regular or instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Slivered almonds
- Maraschino cherries, halved
- Slice pound cake in half horizontally. Spread with jam and replace top of cake. Slice cake into 9 pieces. Line the sides and fill the center of a 2-qt. glass serving bowl with cake pieces. Prepare pudding with milk. Pour over cake. Chill. Beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form; spread over cake and pudding. Chill at least 4 hours. Garnish with almonds and cherries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 292 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 2, 2019
Abealka there is no cream cheese in ingredients because this recipe does not use cream cheese.I loved this recipe especially cool for summer.If you don’t have a trifle bowl you can use a glass mixing bowl not as pretty but useable.
May 31, 2019
I was thinking, if you can find it, Birds custard might be better than vanilla pudding. Cost Plus World Market sells it. But, it sounds good. I will have to acquire a trifle bowl.
May 31, 2019
Looks good but no mention In the ingredient list about the cream cheese?