Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each. Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish. Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture. Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 28, 2016
This was not only delicious, the presentation was beautiful. Made if for a picnic today and got lots of compliments on it.
Jul 3, 2014
I have made this dessert for years and years and each time it's eaten up! Yes, it gets messy when you dive in, but I haven't made a trifle yet that doesn't!! It is a beautiful presentation to any party or picnic too!!
Jul 1, 2014
I made this for a church potluck. I got many compliments & it was delicious as well as eye catching. Also it was easy to make.. A keeper!
Jul 1, 2014
Pretty can't wait to try
Jun 25, 2014
Instead of jello, I use blueberry and strawberry pie fillings. That way you don't have to worry about the jello melting. Every time I make it, I get lots of compliments and have so many people request the recipe so I started making up 3x5 cards with the recipe on it so I can just hand them out when someone asks. That way I don't have to try to remember who wanted the recipe later on.
Feb 3, 2014
Sep 1, 2013
I made this for a church gathering over the summer and it went fast! I was not a fan of the jello flavors but that's just personal preference! I was scouted out at church to make it again soon for a Ladies Retreat, but instead, I plan to use orange jello with mandarin oranges or fresh oranges! Thought I'd change it up a bit for the Fall season!
Jul 2, 2013
It was easy to make and made such a positive impression..AND it tasted SO good. YUM!
Sep 4, 2012
Made for labor day picnic. Everyone loved it!! Very professional looking when all put together. Delicious!!
Jul 7, 2012
Followed the recipe exactly, was very good but the jello made it sloppy. So I made it again for a pool party without the jello and it was great! I will continue to make this without the jello.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.