- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup orange juice or orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional orange juice
- 1 jar (18 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in baking pan. Cool; cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and sherry. In another bowl, whisk jam. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Divide half of the cake cubes among 15 parfait glasses or dessert dishes; drizzle with half of the orange juice mixture. Layer each with jam and pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake cubes; drizzle with remaining orange juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop over trifles and garnish with raspberries.
1 serving: 506 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.