Holiday English Trifles
This recipe has everything I want in a holiday dessert. It's yummy, easy to prepare and beautiful. —Bonnie Cameron, Colbert, Washington
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup orange juice or orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional orange juice
- 1 jar (18 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in baking pan. Cool; cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and sherry. In another bowl, whisk jam. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Divide half of the cake cubes among 15 parfait glasses or dessert dishes; drizzle with half of the orange juice mixture. Layer each with jam and pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake cubes; drizzle with remaining orange juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop over trifles and garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 506 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Holiday English Trifle in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.