- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape into two balls; roll in pecans. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-1/2 cups each).
Reviews for Christmas Cheese Ball(10)
Sort By :
I tried this because of all the positive ratings. It was good, but lacked that pizzaz that gives it a unique flavor and it was just . . . well cheese flavor. I ended up doubling the vegs and adding some celery salt and a tad of garlic. That helped but would have liked a "zip" in it. I didn't know what to add to get that special flavor but will try it again someday.
Made this last year for Christmas. It was devoured! So good. This was my first ever attempt at a cheese ball and it was so simple. Definitely making again!
This is the best cheese ball recipe!!! Friends and co-workers ask for this for Christmas!!
The flavors in this cheese ball were subtle. It made the perfect addition to my Christmas appetizer table. I did, however, break the cardinal rule of cream cheese....I made this ahead and froze it. The ball didn't stick together well after being thawed, but it still tasted great.
Delicious! I modified the recipe a little bit by adding more of the veggies than it called for, but I'm glad I did. It added wonderful flavor and texture.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pecan Recipes >