- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"the worst...could not find my original recipe and decided to use this with all the good reviews ( i was skeptical with the 1/2 c of cocoa) ...thankfully after i tossed the 2 loaves i found my recipe..."
"This bread is absolutely delicious - just the right amount of chocolate with the cinnamon to accent. My family loves it. My husband isn't a big chocolate fan, but he keeps going back for more. I made this with gluten free flour so my daughter could enjoy it as well. It's very moist - my friend gave me some zucchini and I remembered saving this recipe, glad I did. Thank you"
"This is great! It's a keeper!"
"The Chocolate Zucchini Bread is my favorite! My kids love making it they love eatting it too! It is a great thing for the whole family to eat."
"My first year growing zucchini in my back yard, and I knew I was going to need some awesome recipes. Tried this one, followed the recipe exactly and it was amazing! I made muffins to send to my husbands shop and froze like 6 more loaves for when the kids want something sweet, a friend needs a pick me up, or I've got a sweet tooth ;)"