- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"This bread was horrible - it turned out more like a cake consistency and took at least 2 hours to bake. It was dry. I followed the recipe exactly but the batter was very thick. I will not make it again. Ended up throwing it all away - what a waste of time, money and food!!!! Very disappointed!! I have made tons of bread before and never once had this happen."
"We found it just ok. I reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cup and added 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used 1/2 cup of canola oil and 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce."
"Very yummy!! I did add chocolate chips and made them into muffins."