Chocolate Pizza Heart Recipe
I found this recipe in an old cookbook and changed a few ingredients to suit my family's taste. They really enjoy this candy. You'll love how fast, fun and simple it is! Get the kids to help you spread the toppings. —Becky Thesman, Enid, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:14 servings
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 7 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Using a pencil, draw a 10-in. heart on a waxed paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows, peanuts and potato chips. Immediately spread on prepared pan into heart shape. Sprinkle with coconut; top with cherries and M&M's.
- 3. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours. Remove waxed paper. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds.
1 piece equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC