This recipe is part of our Christmas eve buffet. They have been called sinful by many friends and relatives. They never last long.—Loraine E. Meyer, Bend, Oregon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 60 miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 5 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, butter, vanilla, brown sugar and salt until smooth; set aside. Shape dough into thirty 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Place a chocolate kiss in each cup. Fill each with 1 teaspoon brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 24-26 minutes or until set. Lightly press a second chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Tassies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p69
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review