Here is a simple and delicious treat featuring a thin, tender crepe stuffed with a creamy chocolate-hazelnut spread and bananas lightly sauteed in brown sugar and butter. It taste elegant but takes so little effort. —Cathy Hall, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, water, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; cook for 2-3 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened, stirring gently. Remove from the heat.
- Spread Nutella over each crepe; top with bananas. Roll up and serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Hazelnut Banana Crepes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p197
Reviews for Chocolate-Hazelnut Banana Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review