Here is a simple and delicious treat featuring a thin, tender crepe stuffed with a creamy chocolate-hazelnut spread and bananas lightly sauteed in brown sugar and butter. It tastes elegant but takes so little effort. —Cathy Hall, Lyndhurst, Virginia
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, water, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; cook for 2-3 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened, stirring gently. Remove from the heat.
- Spread Nutella over each crepe; top with bananas. Roll up and serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Hazelnut Banana Crepes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p197
Reviews for Chocolate-Hazelnut Banana Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2015
"This is my favorite way to eat crepes. Nothing beats hazelnuts and bananas!"
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2014
"These crepes are really delicious, especially for cool winter evenings."