- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 ice-cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; stir in chocolate chips.
- Place ice-cream cones in muffin cups. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cake batter into each cone; top with a rounded teaspoon of cream cheese mixture. Fill with remaining batter to within 3/4 in. of top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, beat the shortening, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost tops of cooled cones and top with sprinkles. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cupcake Cones
Sort By :
I made my own version of these before, but can't wait to try this one! To make it easy to bake & somewhat transport, I put a piece of aluminum foil on top of my cupcake pan, and cut a small hole over each cupcake hole and then placed a cone in. It helped keep the cones stable during baking!
Someone had a question about how to transport. If you buy the cones in a box there is an order form for purchasing covered containers. They are great. As a teacher, mother, and grandmother I use them a lot
I would use a scoop of ice-cream on top instead of icing.
The 1st time I made this recipe my oldest was in Pre-K...he's now a 28 year old soldier who still remembers them fondly. I now have two boys and a little girl that enjoy them immensely! Travels great...I throw them into a grocery bag in a cooler. When we eat them at our destination, I have frosting in a sandwich bag, snip a corner and frost away...love it!
I hope these will always be a kids favorite. When the idea came about years ago our room mothers made them for every school party. Sadly to say our school district won't allow home baked donations but I will always make these for my grand kids at home.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cupcake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cupcakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >