- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chopped nuts, chocolate curls and miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-3/4 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
"Heaven in a pan!!!! Made as directed and loved it! Mine doesn't look as good as this, but once you take a bite, I don't think you care what it looks like. Oh, I did use Heath toffee bits on top since that is what I had. SOOOOOO GOOOOD!"
"My sister gave me this recipe years ago. We changed the name to 'Sinfully Delicious'. It's a hit with my daughters and I!"
"I used my own homemade cookie dough, baked it for about 10 minutes and it turned out great. Thankfully I had no problems slicing it. I did, however, have some difficulty spreading the dough evenly onto the pan. I found that placing wax paper over the dough made it a bit easier for me to press it into place. The dessert itself was pretty tasty. I made it for my husbands birthday. I was a bit disappointed however with how messy it was to serve. It was a bit mushy so there was pudding and cool whip all over the place. It didn?t turn out pretty like in the picture above at all. I think this would look prettier served in individual cups. Anyhow, it was simple to make and I think I may attempt it again with other flavors. I?m glad I gave it a try."
"I have made this for 40 plus years. aka "Better Than S$! Desert". It is awesome and make it all the time!!"
"Excellent! Used chopped up "Goobers" candy for the topping."
"I followed this recipe exactly. Although I had some concerns about the amount of pudding, when served the pudding was very manageable. I did leave the dessert in the fridge until the last minute. I brought the the dessert to a camper's pot luck - it was a total success and got rave reviews from other campers. This is definitely a good dessert for adults and children."
"Big big hit! Tastes great when using real cream OR good ol' "chemical-laden -whipped -topping -in- a- tub"! Love 'em both in this dish. Didn't have a problem with the pudding layer."
"I substituted freshly made whipped cream for the chemical laden whipped topping in a tub. Absolutely delicious!"