- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chopped nuts, chocolate curls and miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-3/4 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
"I have made this for 40 plus years. aka "Better Than S$! Desert". It is awesome and make it all the time!!"
"Excellent! Used chopped up "Goobers" candy for the topping."
"I followed this recipe exactly. Although I had some concerns about the amount of pudding, when served the pudding was very manageable. I did leave the dessert in the fridge until the last minute. I brought the the dessert to a camper's pot luck - it was a total success and got rave reviews from other campers. This is definitely a good dessert for adults and children."
"Big big hit! Tastes great when using real cream OR good ol' "chemical-laden -whipped -topping -in- a- tub"! Love 'em both in this dish. Didn't have a problem with the pudding layer."
"I substituted freshly made whipped cream for the chemical laden whipped topping in a tub. Absolutely delicious!"
"This is a great dessert! Easy to make and delish! I made it with skim milk and I whipped on fast in the blender the pudding mixes --no problem with runny pudding."
"Loved this dish. Made it a few weeks ago. Will be making it again for next weekend. Again loved it."
"I made this for my company Christmas potluck and won the prize for best dessert! It was for all of our factory workers as well so I tripled the recipe and cooked it into a big pan. The only thing is that the pudding was a little runny. If I make it again I would like to figure out how to make the chocolate pudding layer more firm and maybe mousse like. Either way folks loved it."