- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Sort By :
"My boys love them (2 and 5 yrs). I made them into mini muffins with mini chocolate chips (bake 13 minutes) and they came out perfect!"
"Very Very Very delicious! I made exactly as written."
"I made these today to send with my kids for their mid-morning snack at school. I altered by cutting sugar down to 1/2 cup (will cut even more next time) and added chopped walnuts and cinnamon. They are so moist and delicious! My kids gobbled one up straight out of the oven and the house smelled so good when my hubby came home from work. Thanks for a super simple recipe. :)"
"Muffins are a super easy, fast and super good, maybe next time I'll give a little less sugar."
"Easy to make! Easy to eat! Yum! Made exactly as directed and turned out great."