My cherry truffles were the delicious result of a kitchen experiment involving a bottle of kirsch I’d received as a gift and some dried cherries I had on hand. They won a blue ribbon at the Wisconsin State Fair! —Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 11 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Melted dark, milk and white chocolate and pearl dust
- In a small bowl, combine cherries and brandy; cover and let soak for 1 hour or until cherries are softened.
- Place dark chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in extract and soaked cherries with liquid. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls into milk chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls into dark chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with melted chocolate and decorate with pearl dust as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p59
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review