Everyone's a chocolate lover when it comes to this special dessert. "It melts in your mouth!" and "Very smooth and fudgy!" are typical comments I've heard after guests take a bite. For a fun taste twist, spoon cherry or strawberry topping over each slice.
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cheesecake in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review