- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers and salt; rub over salmon.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa
Sort By :
"Really enjoyed this recipe!"
"This is such a simple but flavorful recipe! It takes hardly and time to prepare, so it is great when you are short on groceries but want a great meal. I think it would also be good with any type of fruity salsa!"
"A keeper...my husband couldn't get done raving about this dish. I don't usually like hot spicy foods. This was not too spicy, as I made sure to remove all seeds from the chipotle peppers before dicing them."
"This was pretty good. I didn't have chipotle peppers in adobo sauce so I used adobo sauce. Omitted the salt. I don't care for cilantro or mint. Used parsley. The next time I make this, I won't bother with the oil."
"I couldn't find the chipotle peppers at Whole Foods, so I substituted some fabulous spicy Hawaiian seasoning (and omitted the salt since the seasoning has salt), and the salmon came out great. The salsa was also delicious.. I had quite a bit of salsa left along with a small piece of salmon, I tossed it with some lettuce to make a healthy, refreshing salad the next day!"