Chipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers and salt; rub over salmon.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa(6)
Sort By :
This is such a simple but flavorful recipe! It takes hardly and time to prepare, so it is great when you are short on groceries but want a great meal. I think it would also be good with any type of fruity salsa!
A keeper...my husband couldn't get done raving about this dish. I don't usually like hot spicy foods. This was not too spicy, as I made sure to remove all seeds from the chipotle peppers before dicing them.
This was pretty good. I didn't have chipotle peppers in adobo sauce so I used adobo sauce. Omitted the salt. I don't care for cilantro or mint. Used parsley. The next time I make this, I won't bother with the oil.
I couldn't find the chipotle peppers at Whole Foods, so I substituted some fabulous spicy Hawaiian seasoning (and omitted the salt since the seasoning has salt), and the salmon came out great. The salsa was also delicious.. I had quite a bit of salsa left along with a small piece of salmon, I tossed it with some lettuce to make a healthy, refreshing salad the next day!
I'm just rating the salsa because I used it on grilled tilapia. Excellent - I would decrease the onion a bit, but that is just preference. A really good change.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Mango >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >