Chili with Rice Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato juice, rice, chili powder, salt and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the beans, corn and olives. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili with Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p19
Reviews for Chili with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review