You’ll love this salad warm or chilled. For variety, add feta cheese or use this as a filling for stuffed tomatoes or mushrooms. —Brian Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine bulgur and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in fresh or frozen peas; cook, covered, until bulgur and peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chickpea Mint Tabbouleh in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews for Chickpea Mint Tabbouleh
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review