I first tried this delicious dish at my sister's house and was delighted when she shared the recipe with me. Peaches give ordinary chicken a sweet taste and pretty golden color.
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds) , cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices, drained
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, lemon juice, butter, onion and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Add peaches; baste chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p67
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Peaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
"I didn't broil the chicken, I just threw the sauce on it and baked it for the suggested time. It was so tender and had great flavor. Delicious!"