- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds) , cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices, drained
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, lemon juice, butter, onion and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Add peaches; baste chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Peaches
"I didn't broil the chicken, I just threw the sauce on it and baked it for the suggested time. It was so tender and had great flavor. Delicious!"
"This recipe was really good and easy to make. Very appealing looking dish. I used probably 1/4 cup of red onion very finely minced. The only thing I would do to change this dish is to use some of the peach sauce or puree a peach to give the chicken a more peachy flavour."